All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.66
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
About this product
- DescriptionDesigned to reinforce the association of sound, syntax, and meaning, the SAM includes out-of-class practice of the material presented in the textbook. The Workbook section focuses on written vocabulary, grammar, kanji and writing practice. The Lab Manual section focuses on pronunciation and listening comprehension, including Dict-a-Conversation dictation activities.
- Author BiographySeiichi Makino received his Ph.D. in linguistics in 1968 from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. He is an internationally prominent Japanese linguist and scholar who is recognized throughout the world for his scholarship and for his many publications. Before beginning his tenure at Princeton University in 1991, he taught Japanese language, linguistics, and culture at the University of Illinois while training lower division language coordinators. He is an experienced ACTFL oral proficiency trainer in Japanese and frequently trains Japanese instructors internationally in proficiency-oriented instruction and in the administration of the Oral Proficiency Interview. Professor Makino has been the Academic Director of the Japanese Pedagogy M.A. Summer Program at Columbia University since 1996. He also directs the Princeton-in-Ishikawa Summer Program. In 2014, the Japanese government honored Dr. Seiichi Makino with a decoration: The Order of the Sacred Treasure, Gold Rays with Neck Ribbon, for his outstanding contributions in the mutual academic exchanges between Japan and the United States and the development of Japanese language education.
- Author(s)Seiichi Makino
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication27/06/2008
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHoughton Mifflin
- Weight314 g
- Width218 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.