All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionAs long as the free market has reigned, private sector firms have confronted a produce-or-perish existence. For a host of reasons, public organizations increasingly face these competitive pressures as well. But public organizations in the most unexpected of places have answered the call to evolve productively with fantastic success. Unfortunately, public schools can rarely be counted among them. Faddish acronym school improvement plans always offer grand results and almost never deliver upon such promises. Understandably, the farther public educational quality slides into decline, the sharper the urge to grope for radical reform plans. This book, in contrast, argues that a key element of reform has remained in plain view for decades but has gone unmentioned, unmeasured, and unused in reform plans: student engagement. More specifically, quantifying how the instructional time is passed provides t only a sound proxy to educational quality, but is shown to be tightly linked to the test score needle. Of course, the differences across school types and geographies are prounced. Mindful of such differences, this book discusses each school type according to the hard numbers across buildings.
- Author BiographyJustin A. Collins holds undergraduate and Master's degrees from the University of Virginia, along with MBA, Ph.D. (K-12 Educational Administration), and law degrees from the University of Missouri. Collins returned home to southwest Missouri, and currently resides in Springfield.
- Author(s)Justin A. Collins
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/05/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Content Note23 tables
- Weight335 g
- Width153 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.