All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionStudent success comprises a complex system of expectations and measurements. Designed for school library media specialists, this book focuses on library media programs and examines the factors that influence student achievement. Through a presentation of research trends and actual practice, award-winning author Lesley Farmer demonstrates how media specialists can encourage student achievement by creating an environment conducive to learning. Farmer takes a systems approach, illuminating how each stakeholder in a student's education contributes to and impacts student achievement. Chapters include: What Defines Student Achievement? Research in the School Library World Internal Factors: The School Library Media Program School Factors Towards Student Achievement Student Factors Towards Student Achievement Societal Factors Towards Student Achievement Focus on Reading: Who's a Good Reader? Next Steps In addition to research findings about library programming, Farmer examines collection resources, facilities, staffing, curricula, instruction, reading issues, services, products, and administration. Key research studies are cited throughout the work to optimize referral to relevant information. This is an invaluable guide for school library media specialists, as well as for faculty and students in LIS and education programs.
- Author BiographyLESLEY S. J. FARMER is Professor of Library Media Technology at California State University, Long Beach. A frequent contributor to professional journals, she was selected by CSLA as the 1999 Technology School Librarian of the Year.
- Author(s)Lesley S. J. Farmer
- Date of Publication30/09/2003
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationEnglewood
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLibraries Unlimited Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight464 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.