Student Success in the Prescribing Safety Assessment (PSA) by Vilius Savickas, Reem Kayyali (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $70.10Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.24Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStudent Success in the Prescribing Safety Assessment (PSA) The Prescribing Safety Assessment (PSA) is a two-hour open-book online examination which comprises eight sections incorporating eight main types of questions. The questions are structured around clinical case-based scenarios, requiring a holistic approach to analysing information and identifying suitable treatments. It examines the skills, judgement and supporting kwledge related to prescribing medicines in the NHS, including expertise in prescription review, planning management, communicating information, calculation skills, adverse drug reactions, drug monitoring and data interpretation. Student Success in the Prescribing Safety Assessment is specifically designed around the structure of the examination to meet the professional needs of candidates as well as the prescribing competencies outlined by the GMC. With 150 case-based scenarios, the book helps candidates: . Understand the questioning techniques used during the assessment . Appreciate the principles used in clinical pharmacy and pharmaceutical care . Develop the skills and kwledge required to conduct an effective clinical review of a patient's pharmaceutical care . Enhance their kwledge of clinical pharmacology and pharmacokinetics . Improve their prescribing clinical decision-making skills . Enhance their ability to extract correct clinical information from the BNF in a timely fashion . Become familiar with the main evidence-based prescribing guidelines and prescribing information . Prescribe safely, appropriately and cost-effectively This unique revision guide thoroughly prepares all candidates undertaking the Prescribing Safety Assessment (PSA). It is ideal for enhancing kwledge, building confidence and preparing for examination conditions and expectations.
- Author BiographyVILIUS SAVICKAS MPharm, MRPharmS, CertGPP Senior Clinical Pharmacist Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust and REEM KAYYALI PhD, MSc, BPharm, MRPharmS Principal Lecturer, School of Pharmacy and Chemistry Kingston University Edited by DR NEEL SHARMA BSc (Hons), MBChB, MSc, MRCP (UK) National University
- Author(s)Reem Kayyali,Vilius Savickas
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication31/10/2013
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleMasterPass
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRadcliffe Publishing Ltd
- Weight793 g
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edited byNeel Sharma
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and Electronic book text
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.14
- AU $17.80Trending at AU $22.29
- AU $43.44Trending at AU $44.45
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.10
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.33
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.