Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionFor K-12 student teaching courses or field-based practicum. Written for teacher candidates in all major fields of study and beginning teachers with limited classroom experience, this comprehensive handbook presents practical theory-based applications for a full range of teaching concerns that student teachers and practicum students have-from preparing to teach to the integration of instructional technology in the classroom. By effectively using vignettes, case studies, and activities, this text truly prepares students for teaching elementary and secondary level students. Designed for busy student teachers, the text has been reorganized to follow a logical framework filled with examples and resources teachers need in order to prepare for classrooms of their own, covers information needed during actual teaching and concludes with vital information for a person about to enter the teaching profession. The seventh edition improves upon previous editions with the inclusion of: more complete coverage of available technology and ways to integrate technology into instruction; an online interactive activity and assessment forms to facilitate use for the students and to make the development of an electronic portfolio easier; more content related to current curricular concerns, expanded content on current issues and topics such as relating learning theory to teaching, dealing with diverse student populations, using literacy skills and strategies across the curriculum, developing thinking and study skills, and expanded coverage of legal and ethical issues; and features updated and revised content in all of the chapters.
- Author BiographyBetty D. Roe is Professor Emerita at Tennessee Technological University in Cookeville and was Director of Doctoral Studies for the College of Education. She has taught courses in reading and language arts methods, library science, and computers, and has supervised reading practicum students and student teachers across all grade levels and all subject areas. She received her Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instruction from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. She is a former classroom teacher and has worked with diagnosis and remediation of reading difficulties for students in all grade levels in clinical situations. Betty has authored or co-authored 47 books, most of which are college methods textbooks, and numerous professional journal articles. She has given many professional presentations on reading and language arts instruction, as well as storytelling presentations for all age groups, locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally. She is active in several professional organizations at local, state, national, and international levels. Sandra Hope Smith, Associate Professor in the Department of Curriculum and Instruction at Tennessee Technological University, received a Master of Arts Degree in Special Education in 1981, a Specialist in Education Degree in Curriculum/Reading in 1989, and a Doctor of Education Degree with a concentration in Curriculum and Instruction in 2006. Sandra currently serves as the Director of Teacher Education and coordinates all of the field and clinical experiences for preservice candidates in licensure programs. She teaches undergraduate and graduate courses in literacy and assessment, and facilitates the introduction to teaching courses for the College of Education. She presents regularly at state and national conferences and has co-authored books in the fields of storytelling, literacy development, and the teaching of reading in elementary and middle schools. Elinor P. Ross, Professor Emerita from Tennessee Technological University, taught reading methods and children's literature courses for 31 years. She has authored or co-authored 21 books and has presented papers regionally, nationally, and internationally. She coordinates the Reading Is Fundamental program, edits two newsletters, and tutors at a local elementary school.
- Author(s)Betty D. Roe,Elinor P. Ross,Sandy H. Smith
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication16/04/2009
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationOld Tappan
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAllyn & Bacon
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings
- Weight689 g
- Width210 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.