All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionNo company, organization, or individual whose livelihood depends on public reaction can afford to function without a crisis communications plan. This student workbook reviews the critical termilogies, processes, and skills needed for understanding and responding to crises. It prepares individuals for responding to crises in a variety of contexts, and reinforces strategies and tactics to be used during a crisis. Chapters include instructive case studies of public relations professionals in crises: what they did, what they wished they had done, and what hampered their progress. The exercises provide students with the opportunity to respond to real-world crises, sharpening their own skills and practicing response behaviors. This workbook will serve as a useful tool for all future practitioners.
- Author BiographyKathleen Fearn-Banks (A.B.D. Ed.D. in Instructional Technology, USC; M.S, Journalism, UCLA) is associate professor in the School of Communications at the University of Washington. Her research is primarily in crisis communications. Prior to her academic career, she spent 25 years as a feature writer at the Los Angeles Times and a news-writer, producer, and reporter for a Los Angeles network affiliated television station. She also headed nationwide publicity campaigns for NBC Television Network series, specials, and movies. She was vice-president of development and public relations for the Neighbors of Watts, an entertainment industry non-profit which raised funds for daycare centers in underprivileged areas of Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Kathleen Fearn-Banks
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/01/2011
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white tables
- Weight317 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.