All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the second volume in a series on wide-ranging topics relating to objects in the Antiquities collection of the Getty Museum. It consists of seven articles in English, German, and Italian. Chrologically ranging from Pier Giovanni Guzzo's presentation of two early sixth-century-B.C. silver cups to a technical analysis by Maya Elston and Jeffrey Maish of a rare late-antique wooden sarcophagus from Egypt. Despoina Tsiafakis discusses a South Italian bronze askos in the shape of a siren, and Gina Salapata analyzes a pair of South Italian terra-cotta arulae. As a companion text to his publication of an important jewelry assemblage in Greek Gold from Hellenistic Egypt (see p. 13), Michael Pfrommer presents an in-depth scholarly interpretation of the jewelry. Janet Burnett Grossman has compiled a catalogue of portraits of Alexander the Great in various media from the Getty Museum; and two life-size bronze portraits of delicati, thought to be from Gaul, are the topic of John Pollini's detailed discussion.
- Author BiographyMarion True is curator of the antiquities collection at the J. Paul Getty Museum. Mary Louise Hart is assistant curator of antiquities at the musecum.
- Author(s)Marion True,Mary L. Hart
- PublisherGetty Trust Publications
- Date of Publication01/10/2001
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Series TitleOccasional Papers on Antiquities
- Place of PublicationSanta Monica CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJ. Paul Getty Museum
- Content Note191 b&w illustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width215 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Volume editorMarion True,Mary L. Hart
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.