Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionNicholas Rescher presents ten essays that offer the thoughts of major Arabic philosophers in history and speak to their origins in Greek philosophy, as well as the subsequent influence of Arabic philosophy on the West. Much of the material is presented for the first time in print. Topics include: the concentric structure of the universe; the concept of existence; the Theory of Temporal Modalities; the Platonic Solids; and several essays on logic.
- Author BiographyNicholas Rescher is University Professor of Philosophy at the University of Pittsburgh, and chairman of the Center for Philosophy of Science. He is the author or editor of nearly one hundred books, including Aporetics: Rational Deliberation in the Face of Inconsistency, and Ignorance: (On the Wider Implications of Deficient Knowledge).
- Author(s)Professor of Philosophy Nicholas Rescher
- PublisherUniversity of Pittsburgh Press
- Date of Publication15/02/1968
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Place of PublicationPittsburgh PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Pittsburgh Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables
- Weight249 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.