All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.49Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.58Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionThe Studies in Slang mographs are a forum for the detailed discussion of slang items, an activity of worth in itself and for the insight it can bring to broader issues in linguistics. We deal here in particular with the study of languages in their social context, the role of the individual in linguistic invation, and the several-stage development of various slang items.
- Author BiographyThe Authors: Barry Popik was born in New York City in 1961. He is an attorney by vocation and a word researcher by avocation, whose contributions to such items as dude, hot dog, The Big Apple, and the Show-me expression have been very favorably received by the scholarly community. Gerald Cohen was born in New York City in 1941. He majored in Russian Civilization at Dartmouth College (1958-1962), received a Diploma in Slavonic Studies from Oxford University (1963) and then studied Slavic linguistics at Columbia University (Ph.D. 1971). He is presently Professor of Foreign Languages at the University of Missouri-Rolla, where his research interests have shifted primarily to etymology.
- Author(s)Barry A. Popik,Gerald Leonard Cohen
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/11/1999
- Series TitleForum Anglicum S.
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 24
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published1999
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Note8 fig.
- Weight200 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.