All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $105.99Trending at AU $107.61
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.04
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
About this product
- DescriptionFirst published in 1990, this collection celebrates the life and work of Professor A. C. Gimson, four years after his untimely death in 1985. A. C. Gimson, Professor of Phonetics at University College London, 1966-83, was the most distinguished and influential phonetician of his day concentrating specifically on English speech. This collection of essays on phonetics and phology of English- written by linguists from all over the world - celebrates his life and work. The work is divided into five sections: prosody; phology and phonetic description; accents of English and RP; other accents of English (focusing on those n-native speakers); and phostylistics. The twenty-eight chapters cover a very wide range of topics and the contributors offer a stimulating variety of approaches, with the emphasis on data-based objectivity. Balancing description and theory with application, this volume provides a serious and coherent contribution to the academic study of English pronunciation.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/06/2015
- Series TitleRoutledge Library Edition: The English Language
- Series Part/Volume Number24
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight703 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited bySusan Ramsaran
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.