All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMichael Schenk evaluates new techlogies and methods, such as cryogenic read-out electronics and a UV laser system, developed to optimise the performance of large liquid argon time projection chambers (LArTPC). Amongst others, the author studies the uniformity of the electric field produced by a Greinacher high-voltage generator operating at cryogenic temperatures, measures the linear energy transfer (LET) of muons and the longitudinal diffusion coefficient of electrons in liquid argon. The results are obtained by analysing events induced by cosmic-ray muons and UV laser beams. The studies are carried out with ARGONTUBE, a prototype LArTPC in operation at the University of Bern, Switzerland, designed to investigate the feasibility of drift distances of up to five metres for electrons in liquid argon.
- Author BiographyMichael Schenk obtained his master's degree in Applied / Experimental Physics from the University of Bern, Switzerland, and is currently doing an internship at CERN, Geneva, Switzerland in the fields of collective effects and beam instabilities in particle accelerators.
- Author(s)Michael Schenk
- PublisherSpringer Fachmedien Wiesbaden
- Date of Publication02/04/2015
- Series TitleBestMasters
- Place of PublicationWeisbaden
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer Spektrum
- Content Note59 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white tables, biography
- Weight226 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.