All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
About this product
- DescriptionIts a rare graphic designer who hasn't contemplated setting up his or her own studio. Its part of a designers DNA to want to own and run a studio. Many do, while others spend a lifetime wondering if they should. But where does the ambitious designer go for advice and guidance? Who better than the founders of some of the best design studios in the world? Tony Brook and Adrian Shaughnessy conduct penetrating interviews with 30 visionary graphic designers who have formed and run landmark international design studios. In a series of candid and revealing interviews, many of the leading figures in contemporary graphic design reveal the secrets behind creating a vibrant studio culture.
- Author BiographyAdrian Shaughnessy co-founded the design studio Intro. In 2003 he left to pursue a career as an independent art director and writer. He has written, edited and designed numerous books including How to be a Graphic Designer Without Losing Your Soul. He writes for all the leading design magazines, and is a contributor to Design Observer, the world's most widely read design blog. He is editor of Varoom magazine and hosts a radio show called Graphic Design on the Radio. He is a frequent lecturer and has been interviewed on radio and TV. Tony Brook is a highly respected graphic designer. He is creative director and founder of design company Spin, the innovative multidisciplinary London studio. Brook has won countless awards, and has designed numerous books and publications. He has designed, edited and published the successful Spin series of publications. He is president of the UK chapter of AGI, and is a recognized collector of graphic design artifacts. He lectures extensively around the world.
- Author(s)Adrian Shaughnessy,James Goggins,Neville Brody,Paula Scher,Tony Brook
- PublisherUnit Editions
- Date of Publication14/09/2009
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintUnit Editions
- Content Note360 illustrations
- Weight600 g
- Width165 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.