All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionStudio FranchiseA is divided into three sections: the recreation of a workshop in one of the exhibition halls, which runs according to its very own set of rules, based on the artist's New York studio; an exhibition in progress, which is being gradually completed by McGinness and his collaborators who are the student attendees of his workshop; and a conventional exhibition showing a selection of his recent works. However, the pretended practicality of the idea behind Studio FranchiseA is pure abstraction. Faithful to his career path, initiated in the world of graphic design, McGinness generates icons from his own present reality, debating between the need for free creativity and the need to adapt to a society in which profitability is measured in different terms. Thus, the McGinness project synthesizes his own working process in the same way that he creates logos and icons in his paintings, proposing essentially a studio, the static representation of an exhibition set-up, and the ideal of a show of recent works.
- Author BiographyRyan McGinness (born 1972) is an American artist, living and working in Manhattan, NY. He grew up in the surf and skate culture of Virginia Beach, VA, and then studied at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, PA as an Andrew Carnegie Scholar. During college, he interned at the Andy Warhol Museum as a curatorial assistant. Known for his original extensive vocabulary of graphic drawings which use the visual language of public signage, corporate logos, and contemporary iconography, McGinness creates paintings, sculptures, and environments. His work is in the permanent public collections of the Museum of Modern Art, Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego, Cincinnati Art Museum, MUSAC in Spain, and the Misumi Collection in Japan. He is represented by Deitch Projects and Pace Prints in New York and has shown at museums and galleries around the world.
- Author(s)Adam Jorquera,Carmen Contreras Gomez,Paul Laster
- PublisherLa Casa Encendida
- Date of Publication27/03/2010
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationMadrid
- Country of PublicationSpain
- ImprintLa Casa Encendida
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight1429 g
- Width215 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.