All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWell-established in some fields and still emerging in others, the studio approach to design education is an increasingly attractive mode of teaching and learning, though its variety of definitions and its high demands can make this pedagogical form somewhat daunting. Studio Teaching in Higher Education provides narrative examples of studio education written by instructors who have engaged in it, both within and outside the instructional design field. These multidisciplinary design cases are enriched by the book's coverage of the studio concept in design education, heterogeneity of studio, commonalities in practice, and existing and emergent concerns about studio pedagogy. Prefaced by tes on how the design cases were curated and key perspectives from which the reader might view them, Studio Teaching in Higher Education is a supportive, exploratory resource for those considering or actively adapting a studio mode of teaching and learning to their own disciplines.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Boling is Professor of Instructional Systems Technology and Associate Dean for Graduate Studies at Indiana University, Bloomington, USA. Richard A. Schwier is Emeritus Professor of Educational Technology and Design in the Department of Curriculum Studies at the University of Saskatchewan, Canada. Colin M. Gray is Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Graphics Technology at Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, USA. Kennon M. Smith is Associate Professor in the Department of Apparel Merchandising and Interior Design at Indiana University, Bloomington, USA. Katy Campbell is Professor and Dean of the Faculty of Extension at the University of Alberta, Canada.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/06/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note56 black & white illustrations, 12 black & white tables, 44 black & white halftones, 12 black & white line drawings
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byColin M. Gray,Elizabeth Boling,Katy Campbell,Kennon M. Smith,Richard A. Schwier
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.