All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionWorks by Norbert Tadeusz at ESMoA, El Segundo, CA In collaboration with the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA) Exhibition from June 7th September 27th, 2015 The exhibition STUDIO examines some of the various readings of the artist s studio through the work of Norbert Tadeusz (1940 2011), a German artist who frequently made the studio his subject, while at the same time introducing the basic themes and stylistic characteristics of Tadeusz s oeuvre. Though he is represented in major museum collections and exhibited widely in Germany and internationally in his lifetime, Tadeusz is t well kwn in the United States. Born in 1940, he grew up in the industrial town of Dortmund (where he started his career as an apprentice window dresser) before relocating to Dusseldorf, the hub of the West German art world, in 1961. He studied for five years with the eponymous Joseph Beuys, with whom he had a stormy friendship, later becoming a respected professor in his own right by teaching at a number of rewned art academies, including Dusseldorf, Karlsruhe, Berlin, and Braunschweig.A contemporary of internationally recognized artists such as Gerhard Richter, Sigmar Polke, Blinky Palermo, Georg Baselitz, and Jorg Immendorff, Tadeusz was associated with the so-called Neo-Expressionist (or New Wild) German figurative painting of the 1980s, though he always resisted categorization. ESMoA is a new art laboratory in El Segundo, California, run by -artlab21 Foundation-. Artlab21 foundation is a n profit Public Benefit Corporation 501(c)(3). The specific purpose of artlab21 foundation is the promotion of education though art and appreciation of art.
- Date of Publication01/11/2015
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationCologne
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note90 colour, 5 b.&w.
- Weight844 g
- Width220 mm
- Height278 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byNana Bahlmann
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.