All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionStarting at any university is a major step in life. Students who speak English as a second language, studying in a new country, are taking an even bigger step. Based on interviews with international students and their teachers, this book offers straightforward advice on academic topics such as language use, as well as social topics and the culture of Western universities. It also contains a helpful mini-dictionary of university words, and so will be an ideal guide for any international student studying in an English-speaking university.
- Author BiographyMARILYN LEWIS is a Senior Lecturer at The University of Auckland, New Zealand where she teaches degree courses in academic writing for new speakers of English and undergraduate and postgraduate courses on language teaching. She has also taught in India and Cambodia and run workshops for teachers of English in Vietnam. Her publications include How to Study Foreign Languages (Palgrave Macmillan, 1999). DR. HAYO REINDERS (www.innovationinteaching.org) is Professor of Education and Head of Department at Unitec in New Zealand and Dean of the Graduate School at Anaheim University in the United States. He is also Editor-in-Chief of the journal 'Innovation in Language Learning and Teaching'. Hayo's interests are in educational technology, learner autonomy, and out-of-class learning and his most recent books are on teaching methodologies, digital games, and second language acquisition. He edits a book series on 'New Language Learning and Teaching Environments' for Palgrave Macmillan.
- Author(s)Hayo Reinders,Marilyn Lewis
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication29/07/2003
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Series TitlePalgrave Study Guides
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight306 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.