All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.65Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- Description'British Studies' and 'British Cultural Studies' cover a wide range of facets of contemporary Britain. Studying British Cultures: An Introduction is a unique collection of essays which examine the most significant aspects of this quickly developing area of study, analyzing the ways of teaching and reading British culture. The work covers the contemporary and key issues, including: * the termilogical distinction between 'British Studies' and 'British Cultural Studies' * the problem of national cultures and identities in contemporary Britain * studying language and literature from a British Studies perspective * models for studying the historical context of the development of ideas of 'Britishness' * studying contemporary Britain overseas The contributors are some of the key names in current debates surrounding British Studies, and Susan Bassnett holds together their work with a substantial and accessible introduction. Studying British Cultures: An Introduction will be essential reading for students and teachers concerned with the study of contemporary Britain.
- Author BiographySusan Bassnett is Professor of Comparative Literature at the University of Warwick. She has published extensively on translation, and her best known books include Reflections on Translation (2011), Constructing Cultures written with Andre Lefevere (1996) and Post-Colonial Translation co-edited with Harish Trivedi (1999). She translates from several languages and lectures on aspects of translation all over the world.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/08/2003
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Series TitleNew Accents
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note10 black & white tables
- Weight282 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited bySusan Bassnett
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.