All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $21.85
About this product
- DescriptionPresenting a fully integrative text covering disability from a variety of disciplines, this invative book first reviews existing theories, then sets forth a new viewpoint that incorporates elements from disability studies, sociology, human services, rehabilitation counseling, and public health. Authors Elizabeth DePoy and Stephen French Gilson explore the history of disability with a focus on both Western and n-Western cultures, examine the historical conceptions of disability and how they have affected the lives and civil rights of the disabled, and explore a wide range of both classic and new and emerging theories. The book concludes with a section on application of theory to practice and policy in the professional and public realm and the recommendation of a socially just community for the full range of disabled individuals.
- Author BiographyElizabeth DePoy is a professor at University of Maine School of Social Work where she has taught research and evaluation methods for 28 years. Her scholarship in social work focuses on methods of inquiry and particularly on integrating research, evaluation, and professional practice. She has co-authored 15 books and over 100 articles and presents her work locally through globally. Her most recent books include Branding and Designing Disability, and the 5th edition of Introduction to Research. Stephen Gilson is professor at the University of Maine where he teaches human behavior in the social environment, diversity theory, and biology for social workers. His own work is informed by systematic inquiry and thus he is committed to the synthesis of practice and research within social work. Stephen has authored/coauthored 12 books and over 80 articles including Branding and Designing Disability and Evaluation Practice. He presents his work nationally and internationally.
- Author(s)Elizabeth G. DePoy,Stephen French Gilson
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication13/09/2010
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.