All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionClearly focussed on the needs of students, Robert Eaglestone and Jonathan Beecher Field have revised the best-selling Doing English specifically for English literature courses in America. Studying English presents the ideas and debates that shape literary studies in America today. This overview of the discipline explains t only what students need to kw, but how and why English came to be the way it is. This uniquely comprehensive guide to the subject gives students the background they need to understand and enjoy their studies more fully. The book covers arguments about criticism and theory, value, the can, Shakespeare, authorial intention, figural language, narrative, writing, identity, politics and the skills that are learned from studying English for the world of work. In a clear and engaging way, Robert Eaglestone and Jonathan Beecher Field: * Orient you, by exploring what it is to study English in America w. * Equip you, by explaining the key ideas and trends in English in context. * Enable you to begin higher level study.
- Author BiographyRobert Eaglestone is Professor of Contemporary Literature and Thought at Royal Holloway, University of London, UK. Jonathan Beecher Field is Associate Professor of English at Clemson University, USA.
- Author(s)Jonathan Beecher Field,Robert Eaglestone
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/11/2015
- SubjectLiterary Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight196 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.