All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStudying English Literature and Language is unique in offering both an introduction and a companion for students taking English Literature and Language degrees. Combining the functions of study guide, critical dictionary and text anthology, this is a freshly recast version of the highly acclaimed The English Studies Book. This third edition features: * fresh sections on the essential skills and study strategies needed to complete a degree in English-from close reading, research and referencing to full guidelines and tips on essay-writing, participating in seminars, presentations and revision * an authoritative guide to the life skills, further study options and career pathways open to graduates of the subject * updated introductions to the major theoretical positions and approaches taken by scholars in the field, from earlier twentieth century practical criticism to the latest global and ecological perspectives * extensive entries on key terms such as 'author, 'genre', 'narrative' and 'translation' widely current in debates across language, literature and culture * coverage of both local and global varieties of the English language in a range of media and discourses, including news, advertising, text messaging, rap, pop and street art * an expansive anthology representing genres and discourses from early elegy and vel to contemporary performance, flash fiction, including writers as diverse as Aphra Behn, Emily Dickinson, J.M. Coetzee, Angela Carter, Russell Hoban, Adrienne Rich and Arundhati Roy * a comprehensive, regularly updated companion website supplying further information and activities, sample analyses and a wealth of stimulating and reliable links to further online resources. Studying English Literature and Language is a wide-ranging and invaluable reference for anyone interested in the study of English language, literature and culture.
- Author BiographyRob Pope is Professor of English Studies at Oxford Brookes University and a National Teaching Fellow.
- Author(s)Rob Pope
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/01/2012
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note3 black & white illustrations, 8 black & white tables, 1 black & white halftones, 6 black & white line drawings
- Weight816 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.96
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.