All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.07
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $29.48
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume in the Studying World Religions series is an essential guide to the study of the Islamic faith. Clearly structured to cover all the major areas of study, including historical foundations, scripture, society, thought, ethics, rituals, spirituality and aesthetics, this is the ideal study aid for those approaching Islam for the first time. Rather than attempting to cover all the material, the critical and methodological issues that students need to grasp in the study of Islam - and religion in general - are drawn out, and the major contemporary debates explored. With helpful suggestions for further study, pointing students towards material such as primary sources (scriptures), films and vels and including ideas for teaching, discussion topics and exercises, Studying Islam is the perfect companion for the fledgling student of Islam.
- Author BiographyClinton Bennett is history and biography editor for the New World Encyclopedia and teaches Religious Studies at the State University of New York at New Paltz, USA. His books include In Search of Muhammad (1998) and Muslims and Modernity (2005).
- Author(s)Clinton Bennett
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/11/2009
- SubjectReligious Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleStudying World Religions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.