All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $29.33Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.16Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionThis unique book is the first to explore the public policy process through 19 contributions from diverse scholars from all over the world. It uses empirical material to demonstrate how many of the key theories and concepts may be applied to its analysis. These are linked by substantive commentary from the editor, Michael Hill, a rewned policy process expert, and organised into five sections: Stability and Change, Agenda Setting, Policy Formulation, Implementation and Governance and Globalism. This important new resource for policy process teaching uses cases from many policy areas and countries to bring to life for students the reality of the policy-making process using tools that help with understanding the real world.These tools help with the interpretation of the policy process. The book can be used in its own right and to accompany textbooks in the field and will be of value for masters and advanced undergraduate courses, as well as policy analyses and policymakers in public organisations.
- Author BiographyMichael Hill, after a brief period as a civil servant, has had a long academic career in which he taught public and social policy in the universities of Bristol, Newcastle and London. His book The Public Policy Process (Pearson, 2009) is now in its sixth edition and he and Peter Hupe are just completing a third edition of their book Implementing Public Policy (Sage, 2012) and in 2007 he published Pensions (Policy Press), all of which enjoy wide international sales. He is also editor of the Policy Press Policy and Politics in the 21st Century debate book series.
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2014
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Weight590 g
- Width172 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byMichael Hill
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.