All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBecoming a student again can be a daunting prospect, particularly if it has been a while. Written specifically for health care professionals undertaking continuing professional development and for those starting a health care degree, this book covers the key skills that underpin effective study, including time management, writing drafts and seeking feedback. With three student case studies based in health care settings to illustrate examples, the book shows how experience can aid learning and how learning can be used to improve practice in the workplace. The book covers the vital issues that students will face including chapters on: *preparing to study - which includes help on choosing a course, negotiating your study needs with family and friends, developing a study time table and organising your place of study *study management and learning - how we can choose the ways in which we learn using different strategies and resources depending on what we want to achieve *study skills - focussing on the key elements of studying: writing assignments; preparing for exams; learning online; working online and working in groups. The book discusses how to undertake successful university study. Studying for Continuing Professional Development in Health is a highly practical text, which will be an invaluable resource for health professionals entering higher education for the first time or returning after a long break.
- Author BiographyKym Fraser is Leader of the Teaching and Learning Development Group at Charles Darwin University, Australia. She is a specialist in student learning and teaching in the university sector.
- Author(s)Kym Fraser
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/12/2008
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note22 black & white tables, 14 black & white line drawings
- Weight249 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.