All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEach of us has thoughts that are painful at times; sometimes the pain is sadness, sometimes worry or anger or shame or grief or some feeling that you don't even have words for. If you are a young person struggling with your emotions, you do t want to be told that 'everyone feels like that' or that 'you will grow out of it'. You want to feel that your emotions are valid and that the person offering help truly understands how painful life can feel at times. With a strong emphasis on validation and compassion, Stuff That Sucks encourages you to accept your emotions rather than struggling against them. It also shows how to reconnect with what is really important to you, giving you the tools to help clarify your personal values and take steps towards living a life where those values can guide you in your day-to-day behaviour.
- Author BiographyBen Sedley is a clinical psychologist and ACT therapist with experience of working with children, adolescents and families facing mental health difficulties in both primary health centres and community mental health teams in New Zealand and London. Ben's training and practice has focused on examining children and young people's understandings of mental health, which has helped guide him on the best ways to explain mental health concepts and ACT to young people.
- Author(s)Ben Sedley
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication01/10/2015
- SubjectYoung Adult General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note35 b/w integrated illustrations
- Weight250 g
- Width174 mm
- Height177 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsFlexible plastic/vinyl cover
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.56Trending at AU $66.11
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $80.55
- AU $60.00Trending at AU $71.11
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $31.69
- AU $28.87Trending at AU $31.69
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $53.41
- AU $22.67Trending at AU $25.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.