All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.46
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.66
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.62
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.98
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $98.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.03
About this product
- DescriptionMany amputees want to kw how it feels to be able to cycle, and some even want to be professional amputee cyclists. The disability market offers many options for amputee cycling. This book shows you how to get started and take those exciting first steps on your way to a higher level of mobility and independence. The contributions in this collection are written by some of the best-kwn amputee cyclists in the world, including Margaret Biggs, Rajesh Durbal, Mark Inglis, and Keira Roche. Their achievements are thing short of remarkablewhether cycling around a velodrome at the Paralympics or around the world raising funds for charity. This guide offers great advice from experts and ordinary cyclists alike for arm, leg, combination, and all matters of amputee cycling. The book includes tips t only on the vast arrangement of two wheelers, but also tricycles, recumbents, handbikes, tandems, unicycles, electric bikes, and more specialized cycling forms designed for the disability market. The book offers practical tips and stories, imagery, photographs, and much more to help you or a loved one firmly connect with cycling as an activity that can be done despite a disability.
- Author BiographySonia Sanghani will tell you quite frankly that she has been a rather boring non-cyclist amputee for over 10 years. As a fairly enthusiastic beginner, she decided she wanted to read a book about amputees who cycle. Sometimes, if you want something you have to go out and get it and that is exactly what she did. A lot of emails, phone calls, and typing later, here is the result: a cycling book for amputees. It is a compilation of cycling experiences from around 50 amputees of all backgrounds at various stages of their cycling ability. Some are absolute beginners and others are Paralympians; all share a deep passion for cycling and can't wait to share that enjoyment with others. These stories are sourced from all over the globe.
- Author(s)Sonia Sanghani
- PublisherMeyer & Meyer Sport (UK) Ltd
- Date of Publication11/08/2016
- SubjectMotor Sports & Cycling
- Place of PublicationGarsington
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMeyer & Meyer Sport (UK) Ltd
- Content Note150 photos & illustrations
- Weight885 g
- Width140 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.