All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this wonderful book Jane shares her methods of using beautiful threads and fabrics - and beetle wings - to create beautiful designs and projects in many forms of embroidery. Some are simplicity itself - an elegant beetle shape embroidered in glittering metallic threads to reflect the iridescent colours of the wing cases set in a paperweight, for example. Others are delightful floral pictures in which a glittering stumpwork beetle plays a starring part. Lavishly illustrated in colour, this book with detailed step-by-step instructions accompanied by numerous explanatory diagrams is a fascinating addition to the working bookshelf of anyone interested in dimensional and textured embroidery.
- Author BiographyJane Nicholas has worked in the field of embroidery for over twenty years, specialising in stumpwork and goldwork embroidery. She has written five books and has contributed widely to journals and magazines. She teaches widely for Embroiderers' Guilds and businesses in Australia, New Zealand and the United States, and continues to research and develop new techniques, particularly in stumpwork.
- Author(s)Jane Nicholas
- PublisherSally Milner Publishing Pty Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2004
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationBinda
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintSally Milner Publishing Pty Ltd
- Content Note424 colour illustrations
- Weight1715 g
- Width135 mm
- Height288 mm
- Spine32 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.