Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $41.50Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by angus_robertson
- Est. delivery by 1 Nov
- AU $39.50+ postage
- Good condition
- Sold by owen_hackenberg
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAnyone faced with the task of preparing material for publication needs guidance. This sixth edition of the Style Manual provides guidance and detailed advice on publishing in both print and electronic formats. It represents a substantial revision in response to the rapid and extensive changes that have occurred in publishing since the fifth edition was produced in 1994. The new Style Manual continues to provide detailed information and recommendations on the best practices in design, editing, production and writing. This edition builds on the Style Manual's reputation as an outstanding Australian reference standard for all those who understand the value of effective communication.
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Australia Ltd
- Date of Publication19/02/2002
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationMilton, QLD
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Australia Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1300 g
- Width188 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement6th edition
Most relevant reviews
- kewlzd4a8ac8702 Apr, 2017by
Perfunctory is the point
Unlike another review of this style manual, it is not about writing flair. Instead, it is about the specific functions of grammar and how they are placed in order to create cohesive writing. This book is one that is used by universities, publishing houses, creative agencies, even corporations, to create style guides and reference guides to ensure uniformity.
Verified purchase: No
- 7811susie11 Mar, 2014by
Sadly disappointing. I regret spending the fairly large amount of money.
I bought the style manual to ensure I was using current best practice in my written material. I was disappointed because the writing was not clear and concise, and that to my mind casts a doubt on all the writer's pronouncements on matters of style in writing. Also, the volume appears to have been designed on-screen without consideration of how the layout and design would appear in a paper book. It's messy. I got the feeling it was produced to fulfil some contract or obligation and not to present a coherent and useful reference tool. It seemed perfunctory and amateurish. There appears to be no other Australian style manual to compare it with, unfortunately.
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.70
- AU $9.06Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.87
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.83
- AU $20.29Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.85