All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.63
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.93
- AU $12.76Trending at AU $15.16
- AU $11.68Trending at AU $16.47
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $19.46Trending at AU $21.68
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.28
About this product
- DescriptionThe North Koreans are making a brazen grab for the United States' most important missile secrets, secrets which would render South Korea and Japan helpless before a North Korean missile attack. A heavily armed assault team from a North Korean Kilo class submarine is about to shift the balance of power in the Far East and leave the United States also vulnerable to a missile attack. The death ship kwn as Master Three must be prevented at all costs from returning to North Korea with its load of top secret documents and a kidnapped American engineer whose head is filled with missile secrets. On an isolated Pacific atoll, an undermanned, outgunned band of civilians, servicemen, and engineers is America's last line of defense . . . and her final hope. They must fight the ultimate battle - against an enemy few could have imagined.
- Author BiographyJohn Campbell is the author of seven novels, a collection of short stories, and one nonfiction book. Using his experience as a U.S. Naval officer, and his extensive experience in the aerospace industry, he began his first novel in 1976 with a story about an attempt by North Korean special forces to hijack a U.S. nuclear aircraft carrier. Fifteen years later Raid On Truman was published in hardbound and paperback and was translated into Japanese for hardbound and paperback sales in Japan. That was the fulfillment of a dream to become a published novelist. He sold a second novel on the heels of the first. COBRA DANE was published in paperback in 1995. A third novel, Sub Zero, quickly followed and was published in 1996 along with publication in Japan. John has written four more novels, Vauclain's Shield, Hidden Sun, These Final Hours, and The Telekinetic Man and a screenplay derived from The Telekinetic Man and is in the process of trying to sell them. Another book was published in 2003 just before the Iraqi War. Desert War was a nonfiction look at how the war might be conducted, weapons systems, intelligence gathering, and forces on both sides. While John was the author, his daughter, Christine researched the work. Influenced initially by the works of Ian Fleming and his brand of no-holds-barred action and intrigue, John has tried to bring to readers that same action elements, but with a large dose of sobering reality. Violence has profound consequences and the characters within John's novels feel all the passion and agony of real people. Raid On Truman, COBRA DANE, Sub Zero, Vauclain's Shield, These Final Hours, The Telekinetic Man, and Hidden Sun are available on Amazon's Kindle Store. Note that COBRA DANE has for its cover image a picture of the actual COBRA DANE radar on the island of Shemya in the Aleutians. Vauclain's Shield's cover image has a photo of actual reentry vehicles passing through the atmosphere over Kwajalein Atoll in the South Pacific, and Raid On Truman has a real picture of the USS Harry Truman taken by the author. A collection of fourteen sci-fi/horror/paranormal short stories, A Case of the Vapors was added to the Kindle store in August 2013. These stories run the gamut from the humorous A Case of the Vapors to the somber, but hopeful, The Iron Sergeant. John's literary website is http: //johntcampbell.com/.
- Author(s)John T Campbell
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication12/09/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight434 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.