All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this bold and invative book, Massimo Modonesi weaves together theory and political practice by relating the concepts of subalternity, antagonism and automy to contemporary movements in Latin America and elsewhere. In a sophisticated account, Modonesi reconstructs the debates between Marxist authors and schools of thought in order to sketch out informed strategies of resistance. He reviews the works of Gramsci, Negri, Castoriadis and Lefort, and engages with the arguments made by E. P. Thompson, Spivak, Laclau and Mouffe. Subalternity, Antagonism, Automy firmly roots key theoretical arguments from a range of critical thinkers within specific political movements in order to recover these concepts as analytical instruments which can help to guide contemporary struggles.
- Author BiographyMassimo Modonesi is a Professor in the Political and Social Sciences Faculty of the National Autonomous University of Mexico. He is the editor of the journals Acta Sociologica and OSAL (Social Sciences Latino-American Council).
- Author(s)Massimo Modonesi
- PublisherPluto Press
- Date of Publication11/11/2013
- Series TitleReading Gramsci
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPluto Press
- Weight318 g
- Width135 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.