All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.70
- AU $9.06Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.87
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.83
- AU $20.29Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.85
About this product
- DescriptionSubediting for Journalists is a concise, up-to-date and readable introduction to the skills of subediting for newspapers, magazines and websites. It describes how subediting had developed, from the early days of printing to the modern era of computers, the internet, and headlines by phone and explains clearly what the sub w has to do. Using practical examples from newspapers, magazines and websites Subediting for Journalists introduces the various techniques involved in subediting from cutting copy to writing captions and cover lines.
- Author BiographyTim Holmes is a Lecturer in Journalism at Cardiff University. His previous publications include Inside the Magazine (2007) and he is a contributor to Writing for Journalists (Second Edition, 2008). Glyn Mottershead is a Professional Tutor in newspaper journalism at Cardiff University. A former newspaper reporter and sub editor, Glyn has worked on a range of regional newspapers covering beats including crime, health and local government. He moved into feature writing before moving over to the subs' desk to work as splash and then production sub in both news and magazines/supplements.
- Author(s)Glyn Mottershead,Tim Holmes
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2013
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Series TitleMedia Skills
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note10 black & white illustrations
- Weight521 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.