CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
About this product
- DescriptionThis important anthology of feminist writing brilliantly demonstrates the complexity and diversity of women's movements and organisations worldwide. The book opens with an analysis of women's history as subversion and the methodological aspects of feminist research projects. Individual contributors look at the experience of their own countries and explore 'feminism' as it is defined in the North and the South. Throughout, the book gives a distinct historical perspective on women's organising. It shows how women have always subverted the codes determining the spaces in which they move, extending the boundaries of their social space, and empowering themselves as well as confronting existing power structures.
- Author BiographySaskia Wieringa lectures on women and development at the Institute of Social Studies, The Hague.
- PublisherZed Books Ltd
- Date of Publication04/09/1995
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintZed Books Ltd
- Content Noteindex, bibliography
- Weight330 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited bySaskia Wieringa
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.