All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionThis vital new book presents effective strategies to tackle the specific difficulties in social interaction and communication that are experienced by adolescents with Asperger Syndrome (AS). Focusing on the development of interaction skills through teaching social competence, the authors explain how to design an effective social skills intervention programme whose primary objective is successful peer interaction. They describe the methodology, philosophy and science underpinning their approach and include a template for a sample course currently administered over six months. Guidance is given on what resources to choose from the wide range of available intervention programmes, and many case study examples are also provided. The authors outline session formats, possible problems and solutions, and emphasise the significance of the therapist's attitude and the role of parents in building social confidence. This highly practical book is an excellent resource for anyone involved with designing and delivering socialisation training to adolescents with AS, from parents and teachers to counsellors and therapists.
- Author BiographyJohn Harpur was a lecturer in the Department of Computer Science at the National University of Ireland, Maynooth. His research included a multidisciplinary project on Emotional Intelligence and Asperger Syndrome. Maria Lawlor is the consultant child and adolescent psychiatrist in the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service, Navan, and lectures in the Department of Psychiatry, Trinity College, Dublin. Michael Fitzgerald is the Henry Marsh Professor of child and adolescent psychiatry at the Child and Family Centre at Trinity College, Dublin. Together they wrote Succeeding in College with Asperger Syndrome: A Student Guide, also published by Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
- Author(s)John Harpur,Maria Lawlor,Michael Fitzgerald
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication16/02/2006
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight344 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.