All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe father of pension fund management shares essential lessons to building a business As the world's leading pension fund consultant, George Russell's advice has been sought by many of America's largest corporations. A pioneer in this business since the late 1960s, Russell has seen a lot. Now, he shares his experiences in this field with you, and provides valuable insights into what it takes to succeed in business today. Broken down into ten chapters, Success by Ten describes significant moments in the origins and development of pension fund consulting and the institutional investment industry. This history is intertwined with Russell's own personal story and the invations that his company introduced to the industry. * Author George Russell is well kwn to many throughout the investment industry as the first pension fund consultant * Each chapter represents a business lesson that Russell has learned during his career * Outlines a people-centric approach to building a successful corporate culture Taken together, the invations outlined throughout these pages spurred the professionalization of pension fund management, with the potential benefit of improving financial security for everyone who is investing for retirement. In Success By Ten, Russell discusses the development of these invations and reveals how you can apply them to build a better business.
- Author BiographyGeorge F. Russell Jr. pioneered the business of pension fund consulting in the late 1960s and was named in 1993 as one of the four most influential people in the world of institutional investing. He is the creator of the Russell 2000 Index and the visionary behind Frank Russell Company, one of the world's leading investment management and advisory firms, with offices in financial centers worldwide. George Russell received the Lillywhite Award from the Employee Benefits Research Council for outstanding lifetime contributions to enhancing Americans' economic security in 1998, the CFA Institute's Thomas L. Hansberger Leadership in Global Investing Award in 2008, and the Woodrow Wilson Award for Public Service in 2009. <p>Michael Sheldon worked at Frank Russell Company from 1993 to 1999, writing marketing materials and helping George Russell draft articles and client communications. He cofounded XMedia Communications in 1999 to provide marketing, copywriting, creative content, and strategy to a diverse clientele.
- Author(s)George F. Russell,Michael Sheldon
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication11/12/2009
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Weight386 g
- Width162 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $14.48Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.32Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.90
- AU $21.96Trending at AU $25.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.