All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
About this product
- DescriptionInstructional designers understand how people learn best. Their expertise is deployed to build learning experiences that enable rapid and deep absorption of new kwledge or assimilation of previously-absorbed facts. Traditional instructional design (ID), however, tends to go only half of the way because it emphasizes placing the instructor in the driver's seat. Now, in #SUCCESSFUL CORPORATE LEARNING tweet Book03: Instructional Design for Today's Professionals ( #SCL tweet Book03 ), authors Vicki Halsey, S. Chris Edmonds, and Mitchell Levy take ID to its logical pinnacle with their meticulously-conceived Brilliance Learning System, predicated on putting the learner first. <p> The Brilliance Learning System trains corporate leaders to craft learning experiences that build kwledge and skills. This approach creates deep learning that gets retained for the long term and results in engaged, committed, and active learners who are eager and ready to put their new skills into action. The learner-centric foundation outlined in #SCL tweet Book03 requires instructors to aid and enable learners at every turn. The book's authors approach the model from several angles, creating bite-sized wisdom that is easy to incorporate with immediate effect. For example, they touch upon strategies for helping learners learn out-loud, build kwledge, create their own models for understanding, and finally put those models into action in their lives and workplaces. These strategies result in a dramatically dynamic learning environment, one in which learners, far from being passive recipients of kwledge, are the people who actively perform 70 percent of the talking--and the teaching! <p> Written in the easy-to-implement tweet format (where each quotation is 140 characters or less), the book is peppered with digestible tips and concrete examples that enable and inspire learners. Anybody who designs learning modules or guides the design of learning experiences will find #SCL tweet Book03 indispensable in creating engaging and vibrant learning experiences--with immediate results! <p> #SCL tweet Book03 is part of the THiNKaha series whose slim and handy books contain 140 well-thought-out quotes (tweets/ahas).
- Author(s)Mitchell Levy,S Chris Edmonds,Vicki Halsey
- Date of Publication04/12/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight145 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.