All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionMoving to a new school can be a daunting prospect for the child with Asperger syndrome, and parents are often left feeling powerless to help prevent the anxiety and loss of confidence which may ensue. Clare Lawrence's new book provides parents of children with Asperger syndrome with practical advice on how to prepare their child for moving to a new school, and how to help make the transition as smooth as possible. A wide range of material is covered, including useful guidance on choosing the right school, supporting the child during the period prior to the move, and identifying and practising the different social rules and expectations of the new school. The strategies in the book can be adapted for children of all ages and include working out a transition time-line, identifying a named adult and 'safe haven' at the school, and effective communication between parents, teachers and support staff. This clear and accessible book will be an invaluable resource for parents of children with AS who are moving to a new school, and will also be of interest to the teachers and education professionals who work with them.
- Author BiographyClare Lawrence is a teacher, autism worker, school governor and mother of two children, one of whom has Asperger syndrome. A graduate of Oxford, York, Northumbria, Sheffield Hallam and Birmingham universities, Clare holds a university certificate in autistic spectrum disorders and a post-graduate certificate in Asperger syndrome. For the last six years, she has been working closely with schools and exploring practical solutions on how to make education more accessible for children with Asperger syndrome. Clare is the author of How to Make School Make Sense, also published by Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
- Author(s)Clare Lawrence,Kate Mahon
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/01/2010
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Weight244 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.