All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionConcepts in this book constitute a framework for developing efficient school staff practices. The underlying premise addressed in the book is built upon forming a responsive educational community of constituents in which all staff members focus on student learning as a priority. The first two chapters define human resource function as contrast them with the ideology of developing human capital. Chapters 3 through 5 cite specific suggested activities in the actual hiring process from the school building leader as well as district leadership. Chapters 6 through 8 deal with generic staffing practices such as basic supervision, working with the n-professional staff and evaluating staff members. In Chapter 9 the topic of training, improving, and retaining school staff is mentioned. The last chapter, highlights the most essential principles that surround building human capital.
- Author BiographyDr. Michael Pregot has served as an elementary, middle and senior high school principal, as well as a district-wide superintendent in both urban and suburban school districts. In his current role as professor and coordinator of school leadership programs at Long Island University in Brooklyn, he is preparing urban school leadership candidates.
- Author(s)Michael Pregot
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication22/09/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Weight199 g
- Width151 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.