All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
About this product
- DescriptionThis respected market-leading text offers students a comprehensive, practical introduction to workplace writing to prepare them for a range of communication tasks. SUCCESSFUL WRITING AT WORK, 10E, features an abundance of real-world examples and problems as well as an accessible writing style and detailed guidelines for planning, drafting, revising, editing, and producing professional documents and graphics. Students are presented with topics in four logically sequenced sections, beginning with basic business communications and proceeding to conducting research, documenting sources, and handling more advanced tasks such as reports, proposals, and oral presentations. With each new task, students learn to become effective problem solvers at work, to understand their audience, and to select the best communication tools to accomplish their goals.
- Author BiographyPhilip C. Kolin is the University Distinguished Professor in the Department of English at the University of Southern Mississippi, where for 40 years he has taught courses in composition, business and technical writing, literature, and research methods. He has extensive experience as an editor of several scholarly journals and is the co-founder of STUDIES IN AMERICAN DRAMA (1945-present). He received the Conference of Learned Journals award for the best new journal. In addition, he was also named Southern Mississippi's first Distinguished Professor in the Humanities. Dr. Kolin has published almost 40 books and 200 scholarly articles covering a variety of subjects, including writing, drama, linguistics, and popular culture. He also has written an award-winning book on professional writing for nurses and articles on writing for lawyers and other professionals. Over the years, he has conducted workshops on technical business writing, the publication process, and managing professional communications. He received his Ph.D. from Northwestern University.
- Author(s)Prof. Philip Kolin
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2012
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, colour line drawings, colour tables, figures, charts
- Weight1111 g
- Width189 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edition Statement10th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.