All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.13Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionThe Electronic Medical Record (EMR) - is the essential underpinningof any significant healthcare reform and is the more comprehensiverecord than the Electronic Health Record (EHR). This book clarifiesthe Crucial Decisions that result in successful EMR adoption andavoidance of expensive EMR mistakes. It provides timely insight inleveraging ARRA/HiTech, Meaningful Use, Stark Safe Harbor, CPOE andPQRI incentives and understanding current HITSP, HL7, ASTM, ELINCSand other interoperability standards. <p>This book provides practical guidance on: * Evaluating EMR ease-of-use * Determining In-office vs. Web-based vs. Blended EMRdeployment * Deciding which user-interface approach to adopt * Understanding structured vs. unstructured chartingapproaches * Assessing EMR developer stability * Obtaining legal advice about RFIs, RFPs and contractnegotiations <p> The federal government has set aside significant incentives forphysicians to adopt and implement electronic medical recordsystems. As providers across the country seek out various health ITtools and capabilities, this book serves as a remarkably useful,step-by-step guide for successfully deploying an EMR system. Thiskind of information will be imperative as we bring our healthsystem into the 21st century. Newt Gingrich, Founder of The Center for HealthTransformation, Former Speaker of the House, USA <p>Also endorsed by: Rep. Rush Holt (D NJ), Richard Dick, Ph.D.& Radu Kramer, M.D.
- Author BiographyArthur Gasch is the CEO and founder of Medical StrategicPlanning (MSP), established in 1992 to provide the North Americanhealthcare device and information systems markets with reliable,verifiable business intelligence data and services based uponcensus-level market surveys. MSP is now the largest database ofmarket information of its type. MSP offers the MSP EHR Selector, developed in 2002 by Dr. CarolineSamuels, MD, a Web-based tool that empowers physicians, practicemanagers, CIOs, and EHR consultants to find systems that matchtheir user requirements and budget, based on 375 user-selectable,independently-vetted criteria. Available by subscription, theSelector covers 29 practice specialties and is applicable to512,800 office-based physicians in the U.S. The Selector's data, however, is based on a more limited subset ofinformation than the proposed book, which is based on 12 years ofannual surveys. The tool can be used as an adjunct to the book, butit is not necessary to use the Selector to understand nor tobenefit from the book. Mr. Gasch's interest in computerized patient records dates to 1975when he conducted the first medical computer applications seminarsfor hospital personnel while employed by Hewlett-Packard. Before founding MSP, Mr. Gasch was Manager of Market Research withSiemens Electromedical Group in Danvers, MA. He now edits the Industry Alert newsletter (with a circulation of 10,000) andwas a Contributing Editor to American Health Consultant's popular BBT ( Biomedical Business & Technology) newsletterfor 14 years. He was also one of several contributors to the book, ICU 2010 -ICU Design for the Future, edited by D. Kirk Hamilton andunderwritten by the Center for Innovation in Health Facilities. <p>Betty Gasch is the President and Chief Operating Officerand previously held positions with the Visiting Nurse Associationof Central Jersey. Mrs. Gasch has worked as an ICU nurse and nurseeducator, and was CCRN certified. She holds a Bachelor of Sciencedegree (Summa Cum Laude) in Nursing from the University ofMichigan. Mrs. Gasch is a publisher of MSP Industry Alert and also wasa contributing writer to the BBT Newsletter, and herarticles have also appeared in Medical Device Daily andAssisted Living newsletters. She co-authored several MSPmarket reports, and developed and presented Invasive HemodynamicMonitoring and other nursing seminar materials.
- Author(s)Arthur Gasch,Betty Gasch
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication16/03/2010
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight812 g
- Width129 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.