Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionFollowing the success of Colour for Adventurous Gardeners, the most adventurous gardener of all time is back to reveal how he plans, creates and maintains his celebrated borders. Most gardeners want their borders to be interesting and colourful over a long season, even year-round if winters are t too severe. Christopher Lloyd OBE shows how he and Fergus Garrett, Head Gardener at Great Dixter, choose and orchestrate plants for maximum effect. Having covered the principles of succession planting, Lloyd explores the ingredients from anchor plants and permanent perennials to drop-in plants and self-sowers - necessary to ensure continually lively borders. The master of his craft reveals the secrets of keeping every inch of border working hard so that planting schemes are created and maintained in brilliant succession. With superb photographs by Jonathan Buckley, this book will inspire as well as instruct those passionate about their garden.
- Author BiographyChristopher Lloyd OBE VMH devoted his life to creating, and writing about, his garden at Great Dixter, which is one of the most exciting and constantly changing gardens of our time. He always captivated readers and audiences with his adventurous and witty approach to his subject. He was the subject of a BBC documentary entitled 'Gardener Provocateur', made after his death in 2006. His best-selling books include Colour for Adventurous Gardeners, as well as a string of other gardening classics such as The Well-Tempered Garden and a tour de force of Meadows. He wrote regularly for magazines and newspapers, including Country Life, American Horticulture and the Guardian.
- Author(s)Christopher Lloyd
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication17/02/2005
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBBC Books
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight909 g
- Width205 mm
- Height278 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.