Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $70.84
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.72
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $38.89
About this product
- DescriptionHow can one explain the fall of a long-term 'strongman' in May 1998, who had t only ruled for thirty-two years but had also been unanimously elected seventy-two days earlier? Was he the victim of a power struggle among the political elite, including the military, or was his fall simply the result of a momentum that had built up over many years and which exploded with the onset of the financial crisis? Equally importantly, what changes have occurred in Indonesia following the collapse of the 'new order'? Is it 'Suhartoism without Suharto' or is a new Indonesia really emerging? What are the internal and external changes brought about by the new regime, and what does the future hold for Indonesia and its people? These critical questions and issues are addressed by this book. While the general and presidential elections of June and November 1999 will determine Indonesia's direction, the events since May 1998 will play a crucial role in determining the actual outcome.
- Author BiographyDR BILVEER SINGH is Associate Professor at the Department of Political Science, National University of Singapore. A Singapore citizen, he received his masters and PhD in international relations from the Australian National University. Dr Singh has published widely on regional and international security and political affairs. He is a keen observer of Indonesian affairs and has written several books on Indonesia.
- Author(s)Bilveer Singh
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication21/10/1999
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight551 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.