Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $41.94Trending at AU $81.96
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.30
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.11
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.15
- AU $56.16Trending at AU $56.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.32
About this product
- DescriptionSuffering and God's Redemptive Love resulted from conversations Dr. Jones had with his wife during her final painful days of dying from cancer. Through the Bible, they were able to find redemption in the midst of the suffering. Jones emphasizes the Jewish-Christian theme of Immanuel-God with us-the Christian theme of incarnation. Jones brings out the grand narratives of the biblical literature focusing on personal suffering and God's engagement with us in our suffering to deal with: the common conceptions of why people suffer; how Job shatters those views; the way in which God comes to us, suffers with us, suffers for us, and takes us beyond suffering. The final chapter deals with God's Redemptive Love and Ministry to the Suffering seeking to give practical application of the themes of the book. Jones added an Epilogue dealing with suffering communities based on his engagement with persons living in extreme poverty in Mexico and Colombia growing out of the testimonies of the people.
- Author(s)Parrish W. Jones
- Date of Publication16/02/2011
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationMorrisville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight233 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.