All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
About this product
- DescriptionA concise but authentic account of various sayings and teachings of Muslim Sufis. <i>Islamic Review</i>Islam's mystical element, Sufism, offers believers a model of worship that transcends orthodox rituals and ceremony for direct, unmediated contact with the Divine. This volume was the first concise history of Sufism to appear in any language and it remains the best.Noted scholar A. J. Arberry offers insights into every aspect of Sufism, from interpretation of the word of God and the life of the Prophet, to considerations of ascetics and mystics. Other topics include the theorists of Sufism, the structure of Sufi theory and practice, the Sufi orders, the theosophy of Islamic mysticism, the Persian poets, the decay of Sufism, and more.Readers with an interest in mysticism, Islamic thought, or religious ritual will appreciate this scholarly, yet accessible introduction to an important and highly influential element of Muslim religious practice.
- Author(s)A J Arberry
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication01/01/2009
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width133 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.