All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.66Trending at AU $31.89
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.06Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.77Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $18.53Trending at AU $20.49
- AU $31.10Trending at AU $31.88
About this product
- Description- From the author of the popular shojo series Hana-Kimi.- Sugar Princess is the most recent series from Hisaya Nakajo.- The first chapter of Sugar Princess is to be previewed in the July 2008 issue of Shojo Beat magazine.- Over 250k units of Hana-Kimi manga have sold-through in the U.S. to date.- Beautiful art, and fun and charming characters will appeal to readers of all ages.- Originally serialized in the bi-weekly manga anthology Hana to Yume (Flowers & Dreams) from Hakusensha.- Volume 2 ranked #34 on 3/18/2007 Tohan rankings in Japan.- Volume 1 features 6 one-page profiles (illustrations and author comments) on famous figure skaters. Maya Kuriki is an 8th-grader who has experience in ice-skating but seems to have natural talent. She performs a double axel and impresses a scout named Eiji Todo, who tells her that he can make her a skating princess. Todo tells Maya that she'll have to convince famous skater Shun Ka to coach her and become her skating partner. Unfortunately for Maya, Shun only wants to skate singles. When Maya Kuriki takes her little brother to the local ice-skating rink for the first time, she's got her hands full just trying to get him to let go of the bar. To inspire a bit of bravery in him, she attempts a double axel--and lands it! Maya never imagined that this jump would change her life...or that a coach named Eiji Todo would vow to make her a figure skating princess ! Now all Maya has to do is convince famous skater Shun Ka to become her partner. Too bad Shun doesn't want to have anything to do with her!
- Author BiographyHisaya Nakajo's manga series <b><i>Hanazakari no Kimitachi he</i></b> (For You in Full Blossom, casually known as <b><i>Hana-Kimi</i></b>) has been a hit since it first appeared in 1997 in the shojo manga magazine <b><i>Hana to Yume</i></b> (Flowers and Dreams). In Japan, a <b><i>Hana-Kimi</i></b> art book and several drama CDs have been released. Her other manga series include <b><i>Missing Piece</i></b> (two volumes) and <b><i>Yumemiru Happa</i></b> (The Dreaming Leaf, one volume).
- Author(s)Hisaya Nakajo
- PublisherViz Media, Subs. of Shogakukan Inc
- Date of Publication05/08/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGraphic Novels: Manga
- Series TitleSugar Princess
- Series Part/Volume Number01
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2008
- ImprintViz Media, Subs. of Shogakukan Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight168 g
- Width128 mm
- Height192 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Illustrator(s)Hisaya Nakajo
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.