Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThe story of how a mental health patient set up the first Suicide Crisis Centre of its kind in the UK, despite widespread scepticism and resistance from people in positions of power and influence. The author experienced a traumatic event in 2012 which triggered Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, a descent into crisis and more than one suicide attempt. The book contains a very honest account of her experience of crisis and her sometimes disturbing experiences within mental health services. Unable to find the right kind of help, she set about creating something which would have helped her, and which is w helping other people who are at risk of suicide. The work of Suicide Crisis has been described as pioneering and inspirational . Information about the charity can be found at: www.suicidecrisis.co.uk Money raised from the sale of this book will go directly to Suicide Crisis.
- Author(s)Joy Hibbins
- Date of Publication24/08/2015
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight189 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.