All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Full of quirky characters, friendship and humour, you will devour this engaging and heartwarming vel in one sitting' - Sunday Express' S Magazine The brand new book from bestselling author Debbie Johnson will make you laugh, make you cry, and make you raid the pantry in the middle of the night...The Comfort Food Cafe is perched on a windswept clifftop at what feels like the edge of the world, serving up the most delicious cream teas; beautifully baked breads, and carefully crafted cupcakes. For tourists and locals alike, the ramshackle cafe overlooking the beach is a beacon of laughter, companionship, and security - a place like other; a place that offers friendship as a daily special, and where a hearty welcome is always on the menu. For widowed mum-of-two Laura Walker, the decision to uproot her teenaged children and make the trek from Manchester to Dorset for the summer isn't one she takes lightly, and it's certainly t winning her any awards from her kids, Nate and Lizzie. Even her own parents think she's gone mad. Her new job at the cafe, and the hilarious people she meets there, give Laura the chance she needs to make new friends; to learn to be herself again, and - just possibly - to learn to love again as well. For her, the Comfort Food Cafe doesn't just serve food - it serves a second chance to live her life to the full...What readers are saying about Summer at the Comfort Food Cafe: 'My new favourite author' - Holly Martin, bestselling author of 'Summer at Rose Island' 'A lovely, emotion-filled, giggle-inducing story' - Sunday Times bestselling author Milly Johnson 'Heart-warming and optimistic, Summer at the Comfort Food Cafe is a genuinely gorgeous vel, a book of hope and solidarity, friendship and humour and the belief that everything might just turn out okay after all' - Sophie, Reviewed the Book 'Everything I hoped it would be and more' - Becca's Books 'Fans of Paige Toon will enjoy this beautiful story' - Erin's Choice 'If this book had arms it would grab you and pull you in to the most amazing book ever...just magical' - Lisa Talks About 'An engaging, entertaining and loveable book' - Rae's Reads 'I wish I could actually go there...an original story and it has such a romantic ending' - With Love for Books
- Author BiographyDebbie Johnson is a best-selling author who lives and works in Liverpool, where she divides her time between writing, caring for a small tribe of children and animals, and not doing the housework. She worked as a journalist for many years, until she decided it would be more fun to make up her own stories than to tell other people's. After trying her hand at pretty much every genre of writing other than Westerns and spy dramas, she has settled on women's fiction that seems to make people laugh and make people cry, often at the same time. Her books include The Birthday That Changed Everything, Pippa's Cornish Dream, and Summer at the Comfort Food Cafe, all published by HarperCollins. She also ghost-wrote model and presenter Abbey Clancy's debut novel, Remember My Name. Follow her on twitter @debbiemjohnson, or at www.facebook.com/debbiejohnsonauthor - but be warned, she mainly talks about dogs.
- PrizesShortlisted for Romantic Novelists' Association Awards: Contemporary Romantic Novel 2017.
- Author(s)Debbie Johnson
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication16/06/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight250 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,B-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.71
- AU $24.37Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $23.42Trending at AU $26.67
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.10
- AU $56.63Trending at AU $60.72
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $12.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.