All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.84
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.43
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.68
- AU $13.32Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $17.70Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.32
About this product
- DescriptionSummer of Caprice , a winning comic vel first published in 1926, is a classic of Czech writing, yet it is little kwn elsewhere. This may be due to the complexities of the text, which is characterized by a playful narrative, an exceptional mastery of language, and a layered metatextual context that has only become richer over the decades. Mark Corner has rendered this exceptional work in an English translation that beautifully captures Vladislav Vancura's experimental style - or, as the author himself called it, poetism in prose. This translation is presented alongside the original illustrations and typography and goes a long way toward deepening our understanding of the Czech spirit, humor, and way of life.
- Author BiographyVladislav Vancura (1891-1942) was one of the most important Bohemian (Czech) writers of the twentieth century. He was also a film director, playwright, and screenwriter. Mark Corner is an author and a lecturer in religious and European studies who lives and works in Brussels.
- Author(s)Vladislav Vancura
- PublisherKarolinum,Nakladatelstvi Univerzity Karlovy,Czech Republic
- Date of Publication01/05/2006
- SubjectGraphic Novels: General
- Place of PublicationOvocny
- Country of PublicationCzech Republic
- ImprintKarolinum,Nakladatelstvi Univerzity Karlovy,Czech Republic
- Content Note8 colour plates, 90 line drawings
- Weight394 g
- Width136 mm
- Height186 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Translated byMark Corner
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.