Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $54.47Trending at AU $58.01
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $169.35
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.48
- AU $57.00Trending at AU $70.06
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.45
- AU $12.91Trending at AU $16.90
About this product
- DescriptionThe twin fires of Vietnam and the late sixties are raging across America, scorching some, changing all. It is the Summer of Love, 1967. Nick Alexander is eighteen, skinny and afraid to stand up for himself. His solution for personal validation seems simple: he joins the Marine Corps. Just as iron is heated to a high temperature to remove the impurities and make it stronger, Parris Island's severe training transforms Nick into steel. He w possesses the inner strength to be more powerful than anything that could happen. That's good because he will need that strength a few times before he gets out of the Marine Corps. Vietnam. Nick's best friend Rod West is shot during a firefight. Nick struggles to keep him alive. Adding to his challenges, Nick saves Lien, a beautiful young Vietnamese woman, from a brutal rape and falls for her. There's one huge obstacle to their romance - Lien's father hates Americans. Love, war and death push Nick to learn the true meaning of Semper Fi as America erupts with war protests and savors free love.
- Author BiographyTim proudly served in the United States Marine Corps for four years. He lives in Fredericksburg, Virginia with his wife and son and can often be found in line at Carl's. Tim's Marine experiences injected authenticity into this novel.
- Author(s)Tim Weller
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication04/12/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight390 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.