All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMary Frances Fitzpatrick was perfectly content to keep things the way they'd always been. She'd grabbed onto the tiniest shred of the American Dream, and wasn't about to let go. The crumbs the establishment threw her way seemed like they might, one day, be able to sustain her. All she had to do was work twice as hard as a man and keep her opinions to herself. Courtney Ashcroft on the other hand, came from a long line of socially and ecomically entitled people, yet she wanted to upset the apple cart in the worst way. No matter the group, if they'd been shut out, Courtney was on their side. Social justice, women's rights, and pacifism were her main causes, but she quickly adds gay rights to her list when she and Mary Frances meet. Despite their political and social views, the women strike up a friendship. Courtney's sympathetic, encouraging, and genuinely concerned with Mary Frances's plight. She's so interested in gay rights, it almost seems personal. But that has to be wishful thinking on Mary Frances's part. Or does it? In Chicago, during that steamy, unpredictable summer, improbable dreams can, and do come true.
- Author BiographySusan X Meagher lives in Brooklyn and New Jersey with her long time partner. She has been writing for the last 12 years. She has published 34 books and has stories in 6 anthologies.
- Author(s)Susan X Meagher
- PublisherBrisk Press
- Date of Publication29/03/2016
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrisk Press
- Weight590 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.35Trending at AU $30.79
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $73.46
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $22.93
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.05
- AU $13.17Trending at AU $13.71
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.44
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $14.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.