All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.55Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $55.58Trending at AU $56.64
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.42
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.26
- AU $46.03Trending at AU $52.51
- AU $12.71Trending at AU $13.11
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.24
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Millville, New Jersey to Sunbury, Georgia, a down and out musician strikes gold in 2007. Follow Bongo Bucky as he tries to transform from a careless, destitute buffoon to a wealthy entrepreneur. Bongo and the colorful characters he meets along the way live lives of zany, bizarre antics. He becomes a sort of comic 'green hero for the environment' even with his tragic street villain personality. Bongo leaves his roots but faces the same complexities of American life, whether growing up in New Jersey or playing tycoon in Georgia. He started life as a model student, stagnated for years in a rut, only to bloom late and disprove his detractors. Life in a rural Georgia seaside village is quite different from his 'Jersey Shore, ' but he fits in eugh to become a 'Damn Yankee, ' one who stays a while. Little does he kw his venture is like stepping in a cow pasture. It takes a hardheaded stubborn person to get through his tribulations but Bongo has the scrappiness, and this time, some money to back him. Life in the south involves deep faith in the good ol' boy system, trusting authorities to watch their backs, and for the most part they do. But little secrets linger. Read how Bongo uses his convincing personality to solve so many problems.
- Author BiographyJ. Michael Smith was raised in Millville, New Jersey, attended Villanova University in Pennsylvania then on to Marietta, Georgia for his Doctorate in Chiropractic. Writing has always been a part of his health care profession but became more a profession of it's own when Dr. Smith started writing fiction. With 9 years of teaching as an Associate Professor and 29 years of practice in his field, Dr. Smith has observed life keenly and also possesses an imaginative mind for the imperceptible aspects. His stories are an interesting blend of fact and fiction with humor, science, suspense and conspiracies throughout. Most are based on real life events and take place in locations he has lived. Currently he resides in the 'Golden Isles' of Georgia and divides his time writing, practicing and continuously observing life with his wife and their dog, Benny. His first novel, Norah's Oak, launched his writing career.
- Author(s)J Michael Smith
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication13/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.