All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $40.38Trending at AU $43.66
- AU $31.53Trending at AU $38.29
- AU $12.48Trending at AU $16.19
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $23.91Trending at AU $26.86
- AU $9.71Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $31.13Trending at AU $33.91
About this product
- DescriptionSid Dulaney, in his mid-thirties, between jobs and short on funds, has moved back to Tucson to take care of his beloved grandmother. To hold down the cost of her prescriptions, he reluctantly starts smuggling medications over the border. His picaresque misadventures involve the lovable eccentrics at her retirement village, Mexican gang threats, a voluptuous former babysitter, midnight voicemails from his exasperated ex-girlfriend, and, perplexingly, a giraffe. This first vel by the winner of the Iowa Short Fiction Award proves Waters is an important new voice in American fiction. A big, rollicking, character-filled vel, Sunland is an entertaining and humane view at life on the margins in America today.
- Author BiographyDon Waters won the Iowa Short Fiction Award for his story collection, Desert Gothic. His fiction has been anthologized in the Pushcart Prize, Best of the West, and New Stories from the Southwest. His journalism has appeared in The New York Times, the San Francisco Chronicle, and Outside. Born and raised in Reno, Nevada, he currently lives in Portland, Oregon. Sunland is his first novel.
- Author(s)Don Waters
- PublisherUniversity of Nevada Press
- Date of Publication30/10/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleWest Word Fiction
- Place of PublicationReno
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nevada Press
- Weight426 g
- Width161 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.